There are over a million reasons why I will not be voting for the African National Congress (ANC) in the upcoming elections:
1. Over 350 000 babies have been killed by abortion in South Africa – officially, legally, often with tax payer’s money - since the ANC legalized abortion on demand, 1 February 1997.
2. Over 250 000 people have been murdered in South Africa since 1994 – under the ANC government – yet the ANC has steadfastly refused to consider re-instating the death penalty for murder. Nor have they been willing to put the matter to a referendum.
3. Over 500 000 women and children have been raped in the 10 years of ANC rule – while pornography has been legalized. Less than 8% of reported rapes result in convictions.
4. The ANC is soft on the criminals and hard on the victims of crime. Rather than fight crime effectively the ANC have worked to disarm the potential victims of crime, denying firearm licenses to tens of thousands of law abiding citizens, claiming that self-defense is not a legitimate reason for owning a firearm! Rather than support community initiatives to fight crime the ANC have frustrated communities by demanding that security barriers be removed from crime afflicted suburbs.
5. The ANC’s Ministry of Education has evidenced a consistent hostility to Christianity, insensitivity to the concerns of parents and prejudice against the Bible. Kadar Asmal’s anti-Christian policies and the unworkable curriculum 2005 Outcomes Based Education is dumbing down education and turning our government schools into recruitment centers for radical homosexual groups.
6. The ANC’s affirmative action and blind support for Mugabe’s racist and tyrannical policies have chased away investors and cost the South African economy over 1,5 million jobs. According to the JSE, the net worth of South Africa over the last 10 years has shrunk by over 30%. And the Rand under the ANC has plummeted from R2 to the US dollar to R6 to $1.
7. Rates and taxes are higher and government services are lower. Despite increased rates and taxes the filthy, litter strewn, graffiti vandalized communities testify to the incompetence of government.
8. Corruption has flourished under the ANC to such an extent that the ANC is being referred to in the streets as the Abortion, Nepotism and Corruption party.
9. The endless propaganda and pornographic programmes on the state TV – which is supported by compulsory “licences”.
10. The arrogance of so many in the ANC and the arbitrary manner in which they ride roughshod over the concerns and freedoms of others – such as the Minister of Health refusing to meet over a thousand concerned doctors; and how their ICASA is attempting to close down 8 Christian and community radio stations in South Africa right now.
Leave a Reply.