Do You Want to Serve in Missions?
Many people believe that the only way to serve in missions is through preaching, teaching or children’s ministry. Some think missions means living in a rural area, digging wells, or building churches. But, there are many important tasks and assignments that need to be done in order for a Mission to run effectively and efficiently to the glory of God. Frontline Fellowship is a unique Mission that reaches out to both remote and urban areas, with a Mission station based in Cape Town, South Africa. We have many opportunities for volunteers to serve at our Mission headquarters in practical ways.
Why Serve at Frontline Fellowship?
The advantages of volunteering at Frontline Fellowship is that we can offer teaching and training on the job, regular outreach opportunities, free accommodation and at least one daily meal. If a suitable volunteer were to stay at Livingstone House, they would need no more than $100 dollars (R1500) per month to survive. One could easily find a sponsor, or even save up and assist with the work of the ministry here at Frontline as an intern, or in an administration capacity.
Furthermore, those who volunteer can go through the Great Commission Course (4 – 25 January 2019) and possibly have opportunities for fieldwork whether in South Africa, or even cross-border, if they desire and meet our requirements. There are many great opportunities to serve in a busy port city mission with varied field projects.
Volunteers would benefit from discipleship from Frontline Fellowship through daily prayer meetings, weekly revival prayer meetings, staff Devotions, Reformation Society lectures, courses, camps, seminars, workshops and regular outreaches. It would be a hands-on learning experience with on-the-job training. Volunteers would serve the Church in Africa by helping mission teams prepare for missions and through our Literature4Africa ministry equipping pastors, chaplains, evangelists and teachers. We distribute over 160 tonnes of Bibles and Gospel materials free every year from our mission base in Cape Town.
Can You Assist?
The following is a list of ways in which a volunteer could help in our mission:
· Caretaker: maintenance, repairs, driving and mechanical work.
· Administrator: Organising, filing, researching, librarian, communication with field contacts.
· Bookkeeper: Assisting finance manager with bookkeeping.
· IT support: System and PC maintenance and website developments.
· Audio-Visual department: audio and video editing and duplicating of materials.
· Proof reader: Proof reading emails, letters, leaflets, tracts, books, online articles and websites.
· Translator from English into foreign language(s) such as French, Portugese, Arabic, etc.
· Literature Ministry: Offloading containers of books, Bibles and tracts, organising storerooms, interacting with and helping local ministries as they collect literature supplies.
Consider committing to serve at Frontline Fellowship during your holiday season, or for a period of 6 months, a year, or even longer! This could be combined with Frontline’s Missionary Apprenticeship Training Programme.
For more information please contact:
+27 (0)21 689 4480
“And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ” Colossians 3:23-24
P.O. Box 74 Newlands 7725
Cape Town South Africa