“For as we have many members in one Body, but all the members do not have the same function, so we, being many, are one Body in Christ and individually members of one another” Romans 12:4-5
Do You Want to Serve in Missions?
Many people believe that the only way to serve in missions is through public speaking, preaching, teaching, or children’s ministry. Some think missions means living in a remote rural area, digging wells, or building churches. But, there are also many other important tasks and assignments that need to be done in order for any Mission to run effectively and efficiently to the glory of God. Frontline Fellowship is a unique Mission that for nearly 40 years has reached out to both remote and urban areas, with our Mission base in Cape Town. We have many opportunities for volunteers to serve at our Mission headquarters in practical ways.
Why Serve at Frontline Fellowship?
Among the many advantages of volunteering and serving at Frontline Fellowship is that we can offer practical teaching and training on the job, regular outreach opportunities and free accommodation at Livingstone House.
Furthermore, those who volunteer can go through numerous training courses such as Way of the Master and Evangelism Explosion, Biblical Worldview Summits, the Great Commission Course and possibly have opportunities for fieldwork, whether in South Africa, or even cross-border Africa overland missions, if they are so called and meet mission requirements. There are also many great opportunities to serve in this busy port city mission, with varied field projects and regular outreaches.
Volunteers would benefit from discipleship in Frontline Fellowship through daily prayer meetings, weekly Bible studies, Devotions, Reformation Society lectures, courses, camps, seminars, workshops and outreaches. It would be a hands-on learning experience with on-the-job training, in a mission with one of the most comprehensive Christian libraries on the continent. Volunteers would serve the Church in Africa by helping mission teams prepare for missions and through our Literature4Africa ministry, equipping pastors, chaplains, evangelists and teachers. Every year, we distribute over 100 tonnes of Bibles and Gospel materials just from our mission base in Cape Town, that is not counting the many tens of thousands of Bibles we have printed overseas and delivered directly to the field.
Can You Assist?
The following is a list of some of the ways in which a volunteer could serve in the mission:
· Caretaking: maintenance, repairs, driving and mechanical work.
· Administration: Organising, filing, researching, librarian, communication with field contacts.
· Bookkeeping: Assisting finance officer with bookkeeping.
· IT support: System and PC maintenance, website developments, recordings, editing and social media Evangelism .
· Audio-Visual department: audio and video recording, livestreaming and editing.
· Proof reading: of leaflets, tracts, manuals, books, online articles and websites.
· Translation from English into foreign language(s) such as French, Portuguese, Arabic, etc.
· Literature Ministry: Off-loading containers of books, Bibles and tracts, organising storerooms and helping many churches and ministries as they collect literature supplies.
Consider committing to serve at Frontline Fellowship during your holiday season, or for a period of 6 months, a year, or even longer! This could be combined with Frontline’s Missionary Apprenticeship Training Programme.
For more information please contact: email@example.com, or +27 (0)21-689-4480.
“And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ” Colossians 3:23-24